Summertime – beach, BBQs and time to put the finishing touches on the Phocuswright Conference program! Each year (for 20+ years), we invite the most influential leaders, pundits and innovators to take the stage – and this one is no exception. Our theme, Power Paradox, shapes the discussion on the redistribution of influence.
Read on to explore what you'll find at the 2018 Phocuswright Conference (register now to
save on your ticket):
WHAT'S NEW (Are these the powerhouses of the future?)
Along with new technologies such as blockchain, voice, AI, space travel and driverless cars comes new speakers:
- John Zimmer, co-founder and president of Lyft: The company's continued advancement on the market leader.
- Eric Gnock Fah, co-founder, president and COO of Asian leader Klook: His U.S. debut with Phocuswright.
- Haydn Sonnad, founder and chief evangelist of Tesloop: This Gen Z entrant discusses his new car-sharing venture.
- Maud Bailly of AccorHotels and Kellyn Smith Kenny of Hilton: About keeping pace in a market where the technology bar keeps getting raised.
TRIED AND TRUE (The powerful are back … but how much bigger can they get?)
- Booking.com, Expedia and TripAdvisor CEOs: There's a lot to boast about, but also daunting pressure to stay ahead of the pack.
- Airbnb: Enriching its platform while fending off obstacles, will tell its amazing story.
- And we bring back the visionaries who set the stage for online travel in the first place: Erik Blachford, Stephen Kaufer, Steve Hafner, Jeffrey Katz, just to name a few.
- Panel discussions and one-on-one interviews focus on hot topics such as tours and activities, private accommodation, and the remaking of business travel.
- A new feature combines Phocuswright's market research (India, Europe) with the perspectives of the local, leading OTAs.
- Ctrip returns to share its unique perspective.
- It takes brilliant, enquiring minds to decipher it all, which is why we're excited Bill Gurley, Brad Gerstner, and our Street Talk financial gurus and trendwatchers will be joining.
And we're not done! We have more speakers to announce (and some surprise guests), so stay tuned …
REGISTER NOW to join us at the travel industry event of the year!
Senior Vice President, Research and Business Operations