With more than 20 years of travel technology experience, Sherry has a passion for business transformation and innovation. As Head of Technology Strategy, she is currently responsible for ensuring the technology solutions SITA provides meet the needs of the airlines, airports governments and other aviation stakeholders across the Americas.
Sherry joined SITA Lab, the company’s research and development arm, in 2015 where she led programs focused on co-innovation with industry partners to evaluate blockchain, biometrics, and digital data technologies as tools to create a safe and seamless journey. Prior to joining SITA, Sherry served at Datalex for 15 years in multiple global leadership positions, providing her with a unique experience across the operational spectrum. She was most recently the Director of Product Delivery, where she led the creation of several new product offerings for airline industry customers.
A frequent speaker at industry events, Sherry is actively involved in industry working groups focused on the application of biometrics and the latest technologies to simplify travel processes while improving security and the passenger experience. Key successes include:
• Travel Identity of the Future, a world premiere blockchain-based mobile ID project, developed with Silicon Valley start-up ShoCard and recognized at the 2016 IATA World Passenger Symposium as the foundation for its One Identity initiative and vision for the future.
• Best Immigration Initiative awarded by Future Travel Experience for work with Miami International Airport to integrate the convenience of Mobile Passport Control into its own airport app experience.
•ATW Aviation Technology Achievement Award for creation of the “one-step” biometric boarding process, with JetBlue and US Customs & Border Protection. Noted by Popular Science as one of the 100 Greatest Innovations of 2017, this program was recognized worldwide for its ground-breaking approach to the US Biometric Exit program and has now become the de facto standard for the market. Recent Awards and Recognition include:
• Women in Biometrics Nominee, 2017
• Women in Technology (WIT) Award Nominee, 2018
• Security & Counter Terror, Transport Security Award Nominee, 2018
• SITA Board & Council Awards, Stepping up for the Customer, 2018
• SITA Board & Council Awards, Innovation, 2018
• Women in Biometrics Award, 2019
Sherry holds her MBA from Georgia State University, J Mack Robinson College of Business as well as a Certificate in Innovation and Design Thinking from GSU, hosted at Oxford University in England. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts, focused on design thinking principles and creating an environment for social change by cultivating private and public partnerships.