Event: 2019 Phocuswright Conference
Category: Emerging Company
HQ: Tokyo, Japan
Principal(s): Akemi Tsunagawa, CEO & Founder; Tobias Wessels, CCO
Funding: 2015: $200K Angel; 2016: $400K Seed; 2017: $1.1M Series A
Bespoke provides a real-time engagement platform for the travel and hospitality industry. Founded in 2015 by Akemi Tsunagawa, the company employs around 40 people in its Tokyo headquarters and recently opened its international hub in the heart of Silicon Valley where Tobias Wessels leads Bespoke’s international business and expansion throughout the world.
More than 100 of the world’s largest travel companies and government organizations benefit from Bespoke’s frictionless and privacy compliant AI-based solutions to engage with travelers on location.
- Airports use the platform to manage crowds and balance utilization e.g. at security screening stations
- Airlines engage with travelers during flight disruptions to reduce workload for gate agents
- DMOs move from Travel Marketers to Travel Managers by driving in-market restaurant & attraction spend
- CVBs are winning more shows by leveraging Bespoke’s Traveler Satisfaction Score
- Hotels drive incremental spend at the property
- Government organizations leverage the platform in case of emergencies and to communicate with citizens in case of natural and man-made emergencies
Business Model: B2B. 100+ enterprises like airports, DMOs and CVBs pay a monthly subscription fee to access the Bespoke platform.
Competitors: Airport AI and HiJiffy
Competitive Edge: Bespoke enables its partners to engage with travelers in real time, drive operational processes and measure the gain.
Market Opportunity: The size is expected to be $82.7B for the total addressable global travel market. Since 2016, international tourism has been increasing on an annual basis of 8.7%. The high rate is attributed to the increasing ease of traveling across borders and the expanding global middle class.
Early Customers: Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO), Japan Railways (JR), Narita International Airport, Kyoto City, Holiday Inn.
Contact: Tobias Wessels, Chief Commercial Officer; [email protected]; +1 650 265-7944