On-Site Attendee Registration Terms and Conditions
By registering for and/or attending The Phocuswright Conference 2022, ("Conference"), each attendee ("Attendee" or "you") agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms & Conditions. It is your responsibility to read and understand these Terms & Conditions.
- Participation and Behavior. Attendees are expected to conduct themselves professionally throughout the conference. Use of obscene language, abusive behavior, or threatening behavior directed to any other conference Attendee or staff is not conducive to a learning environment and will not be tolerated. The Phocuswright staff has the right to restrict participation of any Attendee that is in violation of this Policy and no refunds of registration will be granted.
- Admittance. . Phocuswright has sole discretion, without refund, to refuse access to or expel from the Conference anyone that is deemed to be behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the conference or any other Attendee. Phocuswright reserves the right to remove anyone caught sharing a registration. Those users will be removed from the session(s). Multiple violations will result in loss of all conference access and the violator will not be granted any refund for the registration or otherwise.
- Registration; Tickets. The registration fee provides each Attendee a ticket with access to the Conference content and features as outlined in the type of registration purchased. Registration fees are nonrefundable and may not be shared. All fees and discounts are subject to change without notice; these changes will be applied to unconfirmed registration sales. The Conference program is subject to change without notice.
- Discounts. Only one discount may be taken per registration. No discounts apply to onsite pricing or early-bird registration pricing.
- Payment. Registration payment is by charge card. Other payment methods must be requested; in those cases, payment is due within two weeks following registration to secure your registration, registrations within two weeks prior to the Conference opening are due upon registration. Discounts will be forfeited if payment is late. A 1.5% finance charge per month will apply to any payments received more than 30 days after registration is completed. If paying for a registration with an outstanding Phocuswright credit memo, no refunds, exchanges or credits are allowed.
- Registration Transfers. A registration may be transferred to another employee in your company at any time prior to the start of the Conference. Requests for transfers of registration fees must be made in writing. Transfer requests can be sent to [email protected]. We recommend completing the transfer request as early as possible to ensure the new attendee will be included in Conference updates and networking opportunities.
- Registration Cancellation. All registration fees are non-refundable. No credit will be issued for unused registrations. Conference registrations contracted in separate agreements are not eligible for any type of credit as specified in the individual agreement.
- Credit Memo. Eligible registrations canceled by October 15, 2022 that are not transferred to another employee are able to receive a credit memo equal to 75% of the registration fee. All cancellations and requests for credit memos must be received in writing by October 15, 2022. A credit memo issued for the cancellation of a registration for this event may be applied to the purchase of any Phocuswright research product or toward a future event registration by any employee of your company within one year; it will become null and void if not used by November 30, 2023.
- Conference Cancellation. Phocuswright reserves the right to close, alter or cancel any Conference event, session or other items relating, directly or indirectly, to the Conference for any reason, in its sole discretion. If the Conference is canceled by Phocuswright in its entirety, no refunds will be made and you agree to accept in complete satisfaction and discharge of all claims against Phocuswright applying of the online registration fee to the rescheduled Conference, or to the purchase of any Phocuswright research product or event within one year of the cancelled Conference. Credits will not be made for partial cancellations or reductions in the size or scope of the Conference.
- Ancillary Events. No functions or events may be held during Conference hours without written permission from Phocuswright.
- Use of Personal Information and Registration Information. Phocuswright is committed to data privacy and protecting your personal information. By registering for the Conference and submitting your email address during the event registration process, you agree that Phocuswright and its Conference partners may send you Conference related information. A valid email address is required for all registrations. Phocuswright collects the information you have entered into your registration form in order provide you with access to the Conference and materials for your use during and after the Conference for which you have registered, and for administering participation in this Conference. This may include information about the Conference’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the Conference. By registering for the Conference, you consent and agree that (i) Phocuswright may use this information to provide you with communications about products and services related to the subject and may provide this information to the sponsor(s) and fellow attendees, including Conference sponsors and third-party service providers engaged by Phocuswright to assist in the conduct of the Conference (e.g., housing bureau, mobile application provider), who may use this information to send communications to you; and (ii) this information Phocuswright may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. You may withdraw consent, request to review or revise information we retain about you by contacting [email protected] Except as described herein, Phocuswright will not disclose an Attendee’s personal data to any other third party without your consent except where required to do so by law. The above provisions are included as part of our registration form to ensure that your registration for the Conference is within the guidelines of international data protection laws. Completion of the online registration acknowledges your consent and agreement with the above provisions.
- Usage of Photographic and Video Material Taken at Phocuswright Events. Phocuswright imposes certain restrictions on the use of multimedia at its events (e.g., photography, video, audio, online streaming, and all future mediums). Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever. Phocuswright may hire professional service providers (photo, video, streaming, audio) to document and display the event experience. Phocuswright may also use social media (e.g., Twitter) to: (i) post real-time photos and videos to its social media feeds; and (ii) display select submissions from those feeds on its webpage. By attending the Conference, you acknowledge and agree as follows: (a) Phocuswright may edit and use footage it captures at the event for marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose in the ordinary course of its business; and (b) due to the prevalence of mobile recording devices in today’s world, Phocuswright disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other attendees at the event.
- Recording Notice and Consent. In connection with your participation in the Conference, you agree and consent that your likeness may be captured in still photo video, digital photography and other means and may be used across our programs and applications and displayed paper handouts at our events, including access to presentations and other activities for distribution to event attendees and those who were unable to attend and will view the recordings live or at a later date. You grant Northstar Travel Media, LLC and the sponsors of the Conference explicit permission, to use your name and likeness in photographs, video and/or or other digital and hard copy recordings, broadcasts and/or image preservation in digital or paper-based reproductions, in any and all of its applications, sites and publications, without payment or any other consideration, and explicitly waive any and all royalties and any and all other forms of compensation. You also, by completion of the ticket purchase, release, hold harmless and indemnify Northstar Travel Media, LLC and the sponsors of the Conference from any and all liability related to use and/or dissemination of my name, likeness and/or image.
- Release of Liability. In consideration of my being allowed to participate in the conference(s), and in consideration for the Conference Host accepting a delegate to the conference(s), each delegate acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that: (i) there is risk of injury or illness from traveling to, and participating in the conference, including (in particular, and without limitation) risks of exposure, directly or indirectly, arising out of, contributed to or by, or resulting from any infectious or communicable disease, including (without limitation) the current or any future outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof – and while particular mitigation efforts and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury or illness does exist. Therefore, each delegate knowingly and freely assumes all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the Releasees or others, and assumes full responsibility for his/her participation in the conference(s); and (ii) Each delegate, for himself/herself and on behalf of his/her heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless Conference Host and the conference venue, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, associated personnel, volunteers, other delegates, sponsors and advertisers (collectively, the “Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, illness, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property associated with such delegate’s presence at, or participation in the conference, including being transported to or from the conference, whether arising from the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Anti-Harassment Policy and Event Code of Conduct. Northstar Travel Group is dedicated to providing a respectful and harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age or religion. It is paramount that everyone who attends a Northstar event feel comfortable, safe and respected. We do not tolerate harassment of employees or conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules will be sanctioned or expelled from the conference and not permitted to attend future events at the discretion of the event organizers. View the full Anti-Harassment Policy and Event Code of Conduct here.
- General. Phocuswright reserves the right to change, amend, add to, or remove any of the above Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion and without prior notice. If any provision contained in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all Conference attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors. The views expressed by any Conference attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are not necessarily those of Phocuswright, Northstar Travel Media, LLC or the sponsors of the Conference. All Conference attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporate presentations, marketing collateral and/or advertising materials.